Monday 26 January 2015

Plan , idea, final outcome and final thoughts.

The plan 
I plan to take photos of my shoes while they are placed on my feet or in a setting, I am doing this to achieve a set of photos that showcase a story about a journey of two shoes thought there day. I did this to give life to two intimate objects. I decided to take photos along the way as I spend my day, starting to when i wake up to when I go to bed. Using my sneakers as my intimate object as they are are unique and easy to photograph. The locations I plan on using is my bedroom, streets , buses, college and places in Bradford town. This will allow me to to document my journey I take nearly everyday through a intimate object as this was the aim of the project. I plan on using a high angle shot from the waist to showcase the shoes the best way in the photograph. I will try to experiment with the angles i use in the images, for example on one of the photos I will try to use a worm eye angle to give a new and creative perspective on the objects.

The theme 
My main theme is adventure and journey , I want this to be present through the entire project and the outcomes/photos I create. This is one reason why I picked shoes to take photographs of , as people use shoes in there day to day life and that the shoes go along the journey with them and I wanted to capture this in my work. I also wanted to document the places are feet/shoes visit, I plan on incorporating this within my work by using things in I see when I am out and about and placing them in the photos in the best way possible.

The shoot 
I will take a camera with me and take photos along my journey , these photos will be of my shoes. The first photo will not be a photo taken from the waist as I want to showcase the perspective I see when I wake up. I may repeat this for the final image. I may also adjust the way I photograph the shoes as I believe this would create a creative twist and make the photograph stand out, I have a idea to place the shoes so that they are facing away from the camera to give the sense of a beginning and start of a day.  Incorporating my surroundings in my images will allow the scene to be set and allow people to create a story about a journey of two shoes. I have decided to set aside a day to go out taking photographs of my shoes, this day may be a college day as I have no other day where I am able to take images. This may mean I may have to take photos on two days to make sure I had the amount of photographs I needed and that this images were top quality. This will allow me to revisit locations if I needed to re shoot and also allow me to look at the photos and see what I needed to re shoot. I will be also able to take photos in new locations and angles , allowing me to experiment so that I can have a large set of images to be able to pick from.

After the shoot
 I have now taken the photos and I have selected the images i will be using for my final outcome. Selecting the images was easy as I was setting out to tell a story,I picked the images that did this and followed each other, in the best way and allowed the audience to follow the story I was making with the set of photos. The most difficult location to take photographs in was the bus as it was hard to find a place that best suited the idea , plus where I could take photos of the shoes at different angles. This project allowed me to focus on one object which I liked and found interesting and i was able to think about the background , the angle I was using and the position of the shoes/object.

Research on Royalty free music
Royalty free music is music that is available to the public which is either free or costs a price, however as soon as you have made a payment you have access to the music on the site. Most royalty free music is meant for personal use and not profiting purpose, this is sated on most sites that have royalty free music. The majority of owners of the music only allow a one year use of the music and sometimes are specific on where and what their can be used for. As nearly all of the music is only for personal use to be able to use it for commercial use you have to acquire a music license which is very difficult and expensive , this also means that the user has to only use the music for there intended purposes and nothing else as they agreed to the terms of the license they bought. When a music license includes all costs to use the music , the licences are usually called either 'Royalty free music license' or 'Buyout music licence.' There can be additional fees after a music license has been purchased , these fees may be dependent on how long and how many times you use the music and also where the music is used, if there is additional fees for the music there are stated on the website you purchase the music from.

The music 
I found the royalty free music on a site called Ben sound as when I listened to the music available on this sound as I liked the style of the music and it suited my set of photos. I picked music that was cute and light as to set a happy mood as the main images are trying to tell a story of shoes on a journey , i am going for a happy story as i wanted to achieve a creative and light hearted set of photos. When browsing the website Ben sounds i downloaded many tracks so that i was able to listing to them and pick out my favorite, i reduced the amount to four tracks and then i picked two to place along side the images. Both tunes are very simple, yet very effective and create a sense of happiness and walking which is the sense i am going for with this project.


Final outcome 
To create my final piece i selected the images I wanted to use and placed them on a timeline in Photoshop. I also placed a royalty free piece of music to set the mood for the images also to help generate focus towards the images. I am pleased with the way my photos turned out , as some showcase that I can experiment with angles and objects, as in some photos the object is set differently to have it was set in other photos. I believe my photos also show the idea of a journey which is what I want to show in my set of photos,



No comments:

Post a Comment