Sunday 5 October 2014

Final analyse on task and final outcome by Rebecca Ingham

Final analyse on task and final outcome by Rebecca Ingham


Mood Boards
The Mood Boards are found in my green folder.

RGB

Placing the text and photos this way makes the mood board look neat and tidy, which was the look I was going for to be able to see everything very easily. Most of my photos are from the internet and some are my own photos , these are the photos placed around the side. To expand the mood board I could have used photos from magazines , so that there was more variety of materials and images.  
CYMK
Seen through the mood board I wanted to capture the essence of colour and the vibrant and bold shades of colour. The mood boards look this way to achieve flair and I believe I’ve achieved this. Next time to improve I would add text to comment and analyse in explicit detail, and comment on photos I point to.  As magenta can be represented in different ways and I wanted to show this in the photos I selected as they all not the same shade.



Final Grids

CMYK
Grids can be found in my green folder.

As I wanted the best photos for my grids I placed 24 photos on a document in Photoshop and then I selected the ones I wanted to use for the final grids. The effects have been applied on the photos in Photoshop; these effects can be seen on the top photos as I have applied duotone to each photo. I love the way these photos turn out as the duotone as a creative fli8ar to the photos. The images are placed like this as this I believe is an attractive layout. I wanted to have a connection between the photos on the grid and I achieved this by using and placing photos with similar subject near to each other and in a way that makes them link. 


RGB
One of the photos is edited in a different way to the duotone images. For the photo I wanted to emphasis the red of the rose as its petals are very strong and I wanted them to the aspect the audience focuses on. My favourite set of photos are the red ones because the colours on the photos are vibrant, bold and bright. I tried to be more creative with the angles of the photograph to add a twist to two photos , to add a creative flair. 

Photos analysed from photo shoots   

Photos from still life shoot 

Dsc_0114.jpeg

To achieve the final version of this image I cropped the image and applied a filter over the image to change the appearance of the image.  I photographed the shoe this way to make the background blurry so that the audience concentrated on the object in the photo. The concept of thirds is used to enhanced the image and make it more appealing. 

Dsc_0034.jpeg
I used an effect on the camera to enhance and highlight the items in the frame , this is to give an unique and creative twist to the image. as the background and foreground are blurred this pulls the focus of the viewers to the centre. This is emphasised as the lines in the picture are leading and flowing towards the centre.  



Saltiare photos 
DSC_0157 .JPEG
As the colour of the bin is vibrant and eye catching i wanted to make sure this was displayed in the picture, to do this i blurred out the area surrounding the object to make it the aspect of the photo that the audience focuses on. when capturing the image i tried to apply the rule of thirds and i believe i have been successful. 

DSC_0016.JPG
As the leafs are in direct sunlight the colours are very rich and strong and bright, however if i were to photograph this subject again i would try to either remove the harsh shadows or change my angle so that there were no shadows in the frame. The aspect i love about the photo is how the background is blurred which has made the leaf more defined which makes it stand out more. 

Signs
DSC_0198.JPG
A head on shot is the way i wanted to capture the sign as sharp as i could, as this is a simple object i wanted a straight forward photograph. To emphasis this point i blurred out the background so that there would be no distractions. the colour in the photograph is very strong and this represents how we see colour in our everyday life.  I believe the best part of this image is the way the two items are framed in the photo.if i were to edit this photo i could change the levels to make the colours more intense.
DSC_0194.JPG
this was also purposely shot like this , to get a head on shot again.what helps the audience focus on the sign is that it is the only object in the photograph that has colour which attracts the attention of the viewer. if i were to edit this i would crop it down to make the item more central in the picture. anouther thing i would do to improve the image , would be to lighten the image and adjust the contrast and levels until i thought the picture was appealing. i believe this is a successful image as it is very sharp and there are no items in the photo that distract the viewers attention from the sign.

Final Thoughts 
i believe my project has been a success as i believe my project has captured how colour is represented in everyday life. My photos also show how colour is used creatively in signs. while doing this project i learned that we see a very amount of colour in things we see in our day to day life and without truly looking we never notice. to make sure the photos are supporting this idea i enhanced the colour and added effects on some of the photos. If i were to repeat the project i would take more photographs to increase the amount of images i could pick from. 
All my photographs are shot in a very simplistic way to make sure that in every image the colour stands out on its own, as the project is about colour.  As nearly all the photos on my mood board are of simpliest things people use or look at in their day to day life i wanted to apply this to my images by using objects that are used frequently by people , then placing these objects in my images. This was best done in the still life shoot. what i loved about the project was that it showed me that colour can be found anywhere and how colour effects my mood and the way i see things. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment