Monday 6 April 2015

Colour pop

Creating these colour pop examples was done in Photoshop and is a very simple thing to create. I select the colours I want to make stand out and become the main subject in the photo which the audience focus on the most. Picking more vibrant colours makes for a more interesting image and makes it more appealing. The process I go through is by looking at the original photo and deciding which would look most appealing and would attract the most attention of the viewer. I have explained how I've applied this process to these photos in another blog post. On most of these images the surrounding colours are dull and basic and aren't the main focus of the photo, this allows the colors I picked to stand out. Most of the colours I picked were very neutral and pleasing to the eye which makes the image more noticeable to the viewer. The first three photos have been taken in Bradford then the final image was taken in Leeds Trinity kitchen and was a scanned photo from my roll of film. Then I placed the photos in Photoshop and edited them the way I required. The best example I believe is the is the image of the media museum ( the third example) as I have only used the nice and attractive colours that divert the attention of the viewer. For all of these images  I am using a low angle to showcase the building in a way that is inspired by Alexander Jacques work as I believe its the best way to photograph a building. Using the camera this way is very commonly used by me in this project because I like how the technique makes the building stand out in the image. 




No comments:

Post a Comment