Monday 13 April 2015

Film work


Below I will write about the images I will be using in the darkroom, in each analysis it will include what technique I will be using on the photo and why I picked the photo. These photos were taken with a film camera in the city of Bradford. Each location I walked to and visited was in walking distance and was easily photographed , which made my task easy to accomplish. My favourite location was little Germany , which is located in the top of Bradford, the reason I liked this location as it has many old and classic buildings which I was able to photograph. The most difficult location to take photographs in was the city park as when walking with my group I felt rushed and sometimes either the public was in my way or the weather conditions were not the best and made it difficult for me to take photos. The person in the photos is my friend Alice who was very okay with being in my photographs and posing for me, this allows me to use this to overlay onto other images using the technique of merging and overlaying , creating a creative image. I mainly used the format landscape as I have experimented with other formats, I figured this was the most effective way to showcase the buildings or subject in the best way. During this photo shoot I also focused on the settings allowing the exposure to be correct and the way I did this made sure to check if the green light was showing, then I would take the photo , the reason I did this was so I could achieve a quality image. This photo shoot was my entire idea and I collected the needed experiment, a film camera, then I asked if my friend wanted to join me so I wasn't on my own, then I travelled to my desired location, little Germany in Bradford. During this shoot I experimented with formats and angles I used to take the photographs to be able to capture the essence of the buildings and showcase the detail of the buildings. As I varied the type of way I used the camera this allowed me to have a large amount of different and creative looking photographs to use. Even  though I do prefer the format landscape to use for this project I did use the portrait format as well to make sure that not all of the images were the same. As on the day of the shoot I didn't have a tripod with me I rested the film camera on mainly walls and steady objects to use the technique of the tripod, however to create a experimental set of photos sometimes when photographing I handheld the camera, I mainly did this when I was photographing a building from across the road or if I didn't have endless amount of time to photograph. This is obvious on some photos however on others it is hard to tell the difference. 

































































No comments:

Post a Comment