Thursday 4 December 2014

Dark room Process

  The Darkroom process

To begin with i collected my film strips from the technician and cut them into sets of six images while placing them over a light box so that i was able to see them more clearly. Then when entering the dark room i found the place i would be working and made sure they was nothing out of place or in my way, something that  block me from work. I then made sure the canvas was set correctly. I then placed my film in the box that allows for the light to shine onto the film, i made sure that i placed the flim correctly so that the photo produced would not be either backwards or in any way not correct.  I then set my C Y M cyan , yellow , magenta to grade 3 to achieve a balanced photo. I then turned the aperture ring to 2.8 so that i was able to see the photo. We started making test prints to see the best time i should allow the light to be exposed on the frame, the test print also allows me to see what the image is like and how it looks when done processing. Before exposing the paper to the light i make sure the image is in focus by using a magnifier which indicates the image is focus when tiny black dots appear in the mangier frame. To make sure the showing i press the middle button on the timer as this make the light stay exposing on the film, so i can see how the photo will turn out and if i need to change anything. Before making a final image i place a small piece of photographic paper which changes when exposed to light, i start with ten seconds. I place a piece of cardboard and move it along the paper to determine the best time to expose the paper for , i found out that on one of my final prints 50 seconds was the best time  and the other 60 was the best. i then placed the paper in the first tray which has developer in it, I kept the paper in  this tray for a minute to allow the photo to completely develop. Then i moved the page to the next tray which has fixer in it , i leave the paper in the tray for 30 seconds. then the paper is moved along to the next tray for 30 seconds, this tray has stopper in it. Then finally i moved the paper to the end tray which is filled with water, i leave the page for ten minuets. To produce my final i repeat the method however i use a bigger piece of paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment